Career Academy is a job-readiness training program that helps participants develop job skills and conduct successful job searches. Participants have access to job-placement services and a professional clothing bank.
Call for information about upcoming classes. An orientation is required for interested participants.
What is Career Academy?
The Career Academy is a two-week training program providing job-readiness training, and pre- and post-placement services that include job placement, education, skills and interest assessments, and personal and professional development.
The Career Academy focuses on:
- How to earn trust through time and effort.
- Identifying skills and abilities.
- How to make a good first impression.
- How to set goals and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-managed).
- Improving job searching strategies and tips for breaking into the hidden job markets.
- Tips for filling out employment applications.
- How to sell oneself and appropriately discuss a criminal background.
- Building a résumé, cover letter, and reference sheet.
- Mock interviewing with professionals from the community.
- Career and personality assessments and creation of a Career Action Plan.
- Financial-literacy training to improve skills in budgeting and money management.
- Meeting local banking institutions and college admissions representatives.
- A hands-on simulated work project.
Upon successful completion of the Career Academy, graduates will have the opportunity to enroll in Opportunity Staffing, Blue Jacket’s in-house staffing agency.
Click here to contact us by email.